Self-confidence and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in life. These skills will provide opportunities and benefits to you in your professional and personal life.
The Assertiveness And Self-Confidence skills will give you an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and to them personally) and how to develop those feelings in your day-to-day lives. These skills will encompass many aspects of your life and have a positive effect on all of them.
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing.
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.